Lehigh Valley Health Network(LVHN) is seeking an Associate Chief of the General Internal Medicine (GIM) Division. The Associate Chief will assist the Chief of GIM in the development and implementation of all divisional clinical programs to meet the specific mission and objectives of the division. The Associate Chief will also work closely with all other leadership of the Division to maintain, strengthen, and develop new programs in keeping with the overarching mission of the Department of Medicine. The Associate Chief will act on behalf of the Chief in their absence on all matters related to clinical inpatient programs for the division including attending meetings on their behalf.
In collaboration with the Chief, the Associate Chief will provide oversight and direction for the clinical programs of the division. Specifically, they will do the following when/if needed by the chief:
- Provide oversight of issues related to patient throughput, including:
- Relationships and collaborations with other Departments.
- Interdepartmental relationships, particularly pertaining to consultation and co-management.
- Discharge and transition of care processes.
- Provide oversight of issues related to efficiency, including:
- Provide oversight of issues related to quality, including:
- CG-CAHPS performance
- ACO metric performance, quality program performance
- Network initiatives related to quality and patient safety
- Quality assurance
- EPIC dashboard management
- Patient satisfaction
- Population Health
- Ensure collaboration with physicians, divisions, and departments to ensure quality communication and seamless transitions of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Ensure collaboration with Information Services and telemedicine to introduce new technologies related to patient safety, documentation, and evidence-based medicine at the point-of-care.
- Foster innovation and creativity among the Division through technology implementation, telehealth development and programmatic transformation.
- Serve as a liaison to medical staff and appropriate committees for the purpose of ensuring coordination in systems planning, development and implementation between their respective sections.
- Serve as the liaison to the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) team for the Department of Medicine, and under the direction of the Chair of the Department of Medicine.
- Will serve at the leisure of the Division chief with approval and consultation from the Chair of the Department of Medicine.
As part of LVHN’s employed physician group, This position offers an attractive salary, outstanding benefits, great staff and the support of a financially stable health network.
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is a nonprofit community hospital system with over 1,300 beds across 5 full service hospital campuses, an employed multispecialty physician group with 840 physicians and 160 practices, and an academic environment with 20 fully accredited, free standing residency and fellowship programs. U.S. News & World Report has ranked LVHN among America’s Top Hospitals for 21 consecutive years and currently has two of our hospital campuses ranked in the top 20 hospitals in the state of Pennsylvania. Our physicians are eligible for faculty appointment with our academic partner - the University of South Florida.
We are located in the beautiful Lehigh Valley, a fast growing region in eastern Pennsylvania comprised of three mid-sized cites surrounded by suburban neighborhoods with over 700,000 residents. The area has a moderate cost of living, outstanding public and private school systems, ten colleges and universities, and an abundance of cultural and recreational offerings including two symphonies, summer music festivals, an art museum, championship golf courses and minor league sport teams. Just a 60 minute drive north of Philadelphia and 90 minute drive west of New York City.
For more information please send your CV to Karen_R.Fay@lvhn.org or call 484-862-3206. Please visit our website at LVHN.org.